If you're not a morning person by nature, don't fret – you can train yourself to become one. It may not happen overnight, but with a bit of effort and dedication, you can make the switch from night owl to early bird, even after enjoying some delicious Espresso Martinis the night before. Here's how:
1. Set your alarm for a reasonable time. If you're used to sleeping in until noon, starting your day at 6am is going to be a shock to the system. Ease into it by setting your alarm for a more reasonable time, like 8am or 9am. Once you're used to getting up at that time, you can gradually start setting your alarm earlier and earlier until you reach your desired wake-up time.
2. Get enough sleep. This one may seem obvious, but it's important – if you're tired, you're not going to want to get up early. Fight the urge to take an afternoon nap (enjoy an Espresso Martini as a little pick-me-up to fight the urge to sleep during the day). Make sure you're getting enough shut-eye by going to bed at a reasonable hour and disconnecting from electronics an hour or two before bedtime. Try reading, journaling, or lighting a candle to wind down.
3. Give yourself a reason to get up. Find something that motivates you to get out of bed in the morning, whether it's starting your day with a healthy breakfast, morning coffee, scheduling a workout class, or a happy hour with a friend. Having something to look forward to in the day will make getting out of bed easier.
4. Work on saying "no". Ah, easier said than done. It is important to have a work-life balance which is what the Après Hours lifestyle is all about. The truth is, as hard as it may seem, it is important to prioritize your health, wealth, and happiness over running yourself to exhaustion.
5. Be patient and keep the promises you make to yourself. Like we said before, becoming a morning person doesn't happen overnight. It takes time, effort, and dedication. Be patient with yourself and don't get discouraged if you have a few setbacks along the way. Just keep working at it and eventually, you'll get there!
TIP: Reward yourself with an Espresso Martini each week you achieve your goal of getting out of bed! We promise that the earlier you wake up, the better you feel, and the more time you have to work towards your dreams.